- Executive: Founder & President,
- Senior Management: VP of Sales, Director
- Non-profit: Founder of non-profit
501C3; past president of two other non-profit 501C6s
- By Example: A natural roll-up-the-sleeves-hands-on doer from youth.
- Founded several businesses in different disciplines including S*W*A*T described
below plus with equines (Equine Equity and Newport Coach & Carriage) plus felines (Johnny HiHat Cats).
- Self-funded all businesses; gained a deep respect for revenues, expenses,
cashflow, and commitments.
- Experienced in launch and growth on "shoestring" budgets.
- Enjoys “path-finding” and “odds-stacked-against”
endeavors and projects.
- "Rolls the dice" on endeavors he can control; otherwise, not a gambler, per se.
- VP of Sales; grew a software start-up to an IPO.
- Author of hard-hitting, sales training course
“Mastering the Art of the Hard Soft-Sell” uniquely designed to leverage personal weaknesses
to harness sales and marketing strengths for professionals, artists, and individuals.
- Consistent quota achievement for 17 years while on quotas set by others.
- Four-time Million Dollar Sales Award Winner in early ‘80s when $1,000,000 in
independent, big ticket software sales was huge.
- Successful home / branch / in-field sales territory and management experience.
- Internet, direct, traditional expertise; responsible for design & content
of over 30 content driven websites for clients and self.
- B2B / B2C successes in hi-tech, no-tech, pharma & non-profits.
- Pioneer & expert in “tele” approaches which today includes the
Internet and Social Media Marketing for big-ticket sales.
- Creator of numerous client brochures, websites, and online / offline campaigns,
including the integration of on & offline tactics to
- Author of courses, and of articles on marketing and sales.
- Skilled negotiator with Fortune 500s and national accounts.
- Skilled drafter of contracts, positions, and expositions.
1983: Founded / funded / fully staffed Sottile’s Winning Action Teams dba S*W*A*T(sm)
Tactical Marketing Agency, a custom, self-contained sales/marketing agency serving Fortune 100s to individuals artist
from concept to completion.
1992: Transitioned S*W*A*T to a marketing consultancy with associate service providers.
1996: Expanded and integrated consultancy to include online marketing via Internet; websites,
email, and streaming.
to forming S*W*A*T: VP of Sales with BGS Systems; grew software sales and sales organization to IPO in four years.
to BGS: Seller of computer timesharing (today called “on-demand" and "cloud" computing”); business
computers, and mainframes.
to high-tech: Began career, by leveraging pre-med sciences, selling ethical pharmaceuticals and injectables for Merck
Sharp & Dohme, a
division of Merck.
- Co-founder of
After The Bugles, a non-profit corporation (501C3) educating and benefitting severely veterans wounded in war and survivors
of fallen troops. Creator & Producer of 21 Word Salute which honors heros fallen
in or resulting from war.
- Past President
and Board Member of the former Mass Media Alliance, a non-profit trade organization (501C6) promoting film, video, and multi-media
- Past President
and Board Member and of the former Yankee Thoroughbred Breeders Organization, a nonprofit, trade organization (501C6) promoting
Thoroughbred breeding and racing in the Northeast.
- Former Class
Officer / Webmaster for a Dartmouth College alumni class; plus project webmaster for another class (both 501c3s).
- Breeder (not-for-profit),
for the past 15 years, of foundation feline stock to “perfect” a breed of polydactyl, “tuxedo” cats
and study their communal behavior.
- Provider of
entertainment services / planning for life/corporate/military. events under the brand, “Johnny HiHat” (tm)
of Dartmouth College, Hanover NH, BA in Economics with additional concentration in Pre-Medical Sciences.
study at Boston University, S.U.N.Y. / Albany, Rensellear Polytechnic Institute, plus on-going independent study.
wealth of experiences through numerous, self-funded companies, numerous and varied clients with whom he has "stood in the
trenches," plus past employments.